10+ Professional Resume Templates | Downloadable CV Templates
Our templates have landed candidates jobs at these amazing companies. Browse our full collection below.
#1 Timeless Black
A no frills ATS friendly template. Recruiters love this for it’s condensed text block. And easy to read sections.
#2 Professional Blue
Simple yet distinctive in style. A slight shade of blue that looks great even when printed in black & white.
#3 Professional Black
An all black variation of our professional template
#4 Classic Red
A clean template with an exciting dash of red. Perfect if you’re looking to stand out with a bit of colour.
#5 Classic Blue
A blue variation of our classic template. A more understated but still colourful option
#6 Bold Red
A striking template with bold text and distinctive red tones. Gives a very macho feel.
#7 Modern Blue
A more contemporary style, with dashes of blue scattered throughout.
#8 Modern Purple
Variation of our modern template, with a fun hue of purple.
#9 Modern Green
Variation of our modern template, with a touch of green to add colour to the CV
#10 Simple Violet
Simple template with a fresh shade of violet
#11 Simple Green
Variation of our simple template with a soothing tone of green.
See what real clients say about ResumeWriter’s Services and Career Resources
BALDWIN BOYLE GROUP
Writing your new CV?
We’ll share with you how to improve your CV even more.
Frequently Asked Questions about our Resume Templates
What is a Resume?
A resume is a factual document summing up your career history: your work experience, skill sets and accomplishments. It informs your reader what you have done in prior roles, and how you can continue to contribute value in your next role.
At least that’s how most jobseekers view their resumes.
But the truly effective jobseekers (those who actually land the role) recognise that a resume is more than a piece of paper.
Your resume is your sales pitch. It is your marketing tool to capture your reader’s attention so you get called in for an interview.
Treat your resume as a sales tool, and you’ll see your interview callbacks skyrocket.
We go into more detail on how to write an effective resume that gets you interviews in our Ultimate Resume Guide for 2021.
How to Write a Resume?
Writing a resume can be nerve-wrecking. Especially if you haven’t written one in a while. But don’t fret!
Your resume should be clear and concise. Avoid any fluff or unncessary details. Get to the point.
Sell your skills in as few pages as possible. Get the reader’s attention by letting your achievements and skills speak for themselves.
See how our client, John, landed 5 interviews after following our Resume Writing tips. Read John’s AMAZING story here!
What Sections should I include in a Resume?
As a rule of thumb, these are the sections you absolutely should have in your resume:
- Executive Summary
- Key Skills and Areas of Expertise
- Work Experience
- Significant Achievements under each Work Experience
- Technical Skills
- Miscellaneous Information like your Notice Period and Languages
Some optional sections that you could insert in your resume include:
- Personal Projects
- Volunteer Experiences
- Conferences and Publications
We’ve written resumes for jobseekers in Asia Pacific for over a decade, and have found that these resume sections are the most effective in capturing your reader’s attention and marketing yourself. We go into extensive detail on how to write each section in our Ultimate Resume Writing Guide.
How Long should my Resume Be?
Our Resume Writing Consultants get asked this question all the time.
For mid-career and senior-career jobseekers, a 2-3 page resume would suffice. If you just started your career, or are an early-career jobseeker, a 1-2 page resume works.
We dive into further detail in our Ultimate Resume Writing Guide.
What is the best Resume Format?
If you’ve been browsing through the web for Resume resources and career advice, you might have seen that there are different types of resume formats: Reverse-chronological Resume Format, Functional Resume Format and Combination Resume Format.
Most of these formats are invented by Resume Builders that create software-generated CVs. Different resume formats and templates give them an opportunity to “sell” more value to jobseekers.
However, as Resume Writers who write CVs by hand, and as former HR veterans ourselves, we can confidently state that the type of resume format you use isn’t as significant as these Resume Builders make it out to be.
Instead, the secret to effective Resume Writing that will land you job interviews lies in a format that highlights your top skills and Achievements in a way that is easiest for your reader to digest and understand.
Once your reader understands your value-add and relevance to the role, they are more likely to call you in for an interview.
As CV Writers, we advocate for clarity when writing your resume. We dive into further detail in our Ultimate Resume Format Guide.
Why Choose Our Free Resume Templates?
You’re right – there are hundreds of free resume templates online. You can even use resume builders. So what makes us different?
We get you job interviews.
At ResumeWriter, we’ve been writing clients’ resumes for over 10 years. We land them interviews. You know what’s key to successfully landing an interview?
A simple yet EFFECTIVE resume template.
Which we’re offering to you below 🙂
Here’s why our designer CV templates are your best choice:
- Complete Format: Our free resume templates have all the relevant sections advocated by the Department of Employment.
- Effective and Successful: Our templates have been extensively tried and tested, and are proven to be effective in capturing the attention of hiring managers and recruiters. Many of our clients get back to us and share how successful their job applications were when using our free resume templates.
- Free and Easy to Use: They’re free, downloadable, and easy to use. You can use them to create a resume for online applications or print them out for a hard copy version.
- Multiple Styles to Choose From: You can choose from a range of styles and designs. We have everything from tight and professional to spacious and fresh. Our designer CV templates can be applied to any industry, background or skillset.
- ATS Optimised: Our CV templates are designed to be easily read by modern hiring systems, including Applicant Tracking Solutions (ATS). You can be confident that every detail in your CV is readable by HR software, and nothing will be missed out.
Who created these Resume Templates?
These Resume Templates are designed in-house by the ResumeWriter Team. As HR Veterans ourselves, we’ve read and reviewed thousands of resumes throughout our careers.
We’d discovered what works, and what doesn’t. What helps information to stick, and what leads to distractions.
Finally, we have also tested these Templates with real ATS Scanners used by our colleagues in the industry to ensure they are readable.
This Resume Template set is the result of tons of research and testing. We’re offering it to you for free!
Which Resume Template Should I Use?
You can choose from 11 free and downloadable Resume Templates:
- 3 timeless and professional resume templates in blue and black
- 6 classic and bold resume templates in blue, red, green and purple
- 2 simple resume templates in violet and green
Pick the CV format and design that suits your taste and/or matches your personality best.
As a quick guide, these are our recommendations:
- Classic/Bold/Modern CV Templates are ideal for fresh graduates, junior executives, managers, and middle management professionals.
- Timeless/Professional Black CV Templates are ideal for senior managers, directors, general managers, and top executives.
- Simple CV Templates are for anyone who prefers a minimalist design, and doesn’t want a resume format that’s too elaborate or complex.
Again, these are simply our recommendations. It is up to you to decide which resume format and design you’d like to use.
Can I see some Resume Samples produced by the ResumeWriter Team?
Absolutely! Check out our list of 50+ Resume Samples here. We’ve written them for over 10 industries in our signature ResumeWriter format.
Browse through the list to find a Resume Sample for your industry.
If you’d like to have a shot at writing your own CV, just download our templates below!
When you’re done, don’t forget to send your CV to us for a Free CV Feedback session with our team of HR Experts!
How do I Write a Cover Letter for my Resume?
Most jobseekers have the impression that a Cover Letter is useless or unncessary for your application.
This couldn’t be further from the truth!
Employers still read your Cover Letter. In fact, a Cover Letter should complement your Resume by speaking directly to the reader. It is your opportunity to tell the reader directly why you are the best candidate for the job.
It is so important that we have crafted an Ultimate Cover Letter Writing Guide. Feel free to review this guide to maximise your chances of landing your next interview!